Thursday 10/26/23 Announcements
Today’s lunch: Chicken Quesadilla
- Dereka Egan correctly guessed how many pumpkins were in the jar. Dereka please come to the office to collect your reward.
- Spanish Club members! If you'd like to decorate some calavera cookies for Day of the Dead, you can come to Ms. Brodbeck's room during your study hall Wednesday or Thursday next week.
- This year MCHS is going to allow students to dress up for Halloween. This will be a trial year, if it does not go well, we will not continue this in the future. The following rules must be followed.
All student dress code rules as listed on page 22 of the handbook, must be followed.
Nothing covering the face; this includes masks and/or face paint. Hats are acceptable if they are part of the costume.
No props resembling any sort of weapon.
No fake blood on clothing and/or skin.
Any student who fails to follow these rules will be required to change into either PE clothes, extra clothes they may have, or something from the Raider Closet.
- Looking for some fun on Friday, November 3rd? Come to the Blacklight Dance! It'll be 6-8pm in the gym. There will be face painting, a contest for the best glow-in-the-blacklight shirt as well as raffle baskets! Snacks and water provided. $1 cover charge.
- Mrs. Harbourn needs greeters and a few people to help with the raider closet during parent/teacher conferences Thursday. Please see Mrs. Harbourn for details. It will count towards community service hours.
- Student Council will be holding a coloring contest. 1st place will receive a candy bar and soda, 2nd place a candy bar, and 3rd place a soda. You can pick up the coloring page today. All pages are due back Monday, 10/30. Winners will be announced on Halloween, come participate and make this fun!
- Seniors – Josten’s will be back to take your graduation orders today during lunch and study hall. Please make sure you turn in your order at this time. Extra order packets are available on the office ledge
- Don’t forget to enter the Two Sentence Scary Story Writing Contest in the library. Entries must be school appropriate, exactly two sentences, under 300 words, and submitted to Miss Shaffer by Friday, October 27. The winner be will be announced on Halloween and will win a $20 gift card to our new coffee shop in town, Roasted.
- Students interested in a construction pathway field trip, see Mrs. Harbourn for details. This is an excellent trip!!!!!